Saturday, December 29, 2012

"How I Became a Pirate" Game

When I first signed up to be a teacher, I thought I'd finally have an outlet for my creative side. However, with the demands of work and toddlers, I don't get much time to make the fun stuff.

One of my favorite things to create are games for books I use in small groups. Third grade curriculum doesn't leave a lot of room for fun and games, so any time I can work one in to help with comprehension or to reiterate skills, I do. This is a game for How I Became a Pirate.

This is my first attempt at adding a document to Google docs. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out so pretty in the conversion from Word. If you have any tips for me, I'd be happy to try again. It's pretty late so I'm giving up on trying to reread the directions.

If you'd like a copy of this game in Word format, please email me and I'd be happy to share. Since I didn't purchase any of the clip art I used, I took it out and left you the label for what would go into each space.

I also have games for How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and several of the Skippyjon Jones books. I am working on one for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever. I will try to upload those soon.



"How I Became a Pirate" Game

No comments:

Post a Comment